We noticed you're using an unsupported browser which may result in limited or no functionality for portions of our website. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the best experience.
1986 Piper Malibu, PA-46-310P. PA-46, PRICE REDUCED and FRESH ANNUAL (Midwest Malibu Annual). Great plane. There is no substitute for known ice (FIKI), pressurization, air conditioning and a roomy cabin. Runs and flies great. Many wonderful trips. Flown approximately 1700 hours since 2015. The engine is in great condition and I have no plans of overhauling in the next 800-1000 hours, which is why I invested so much in the engine (see details further down). I'm traveling less for business, so it makes sense to trade down. Hangared @ KJWN (John C. Tune Airport, Nashville, TN). The plane is well-maintained by Midwest Malibu in Hutchinson, KS (Tony Beauchamp). Engine work was done by a very reputable engine shop, Midwest Aircraft Services in Newton, KS. Can share more details, logs and photos.
Avionics / Equipment
- Recent avionics/pane upgrades: New dual Garmin GI275s, removed ADF, RMI, DME, CD player, associated antennas.
- Garmin GI275s ADI ADAHRS and HSI ADAHRS+AP with reversionary switch function and dual battery backup (installed Mar2023).
Very neat and functional installation by Thom Duncan Avionics.
- Garmin 530W with GDL69 XM weather.
- Garmin GTx 345, ADSB in/out, Bluetooth XM weather and ADS-B traffic.
- Garmin 796 yoke mounted with ADSB weather and traffic.
- KMA 24 Audio Panel
- KX 196 Com
- KN 53 Nav with KI 204 Indicator
- KFC 150 Autopilot with Yaw Damper
- KAS 297B Altitude Preselect
- WX 950 Storm Scope
- Shadin Mini Fuel flow
- Bendix King Radar altimeter
- Insight 601 GEM engine analyzer with left/right Turbine Inlet Temp (TIT)
- Bendix color RDR 2000
- Bose 6 pin headset panel jacks (pilot/copilot)
- Copilot PTT and instruments
- PS Engineering Intercom - 6 place
- MT 4 blade prop (900 SPOH Feb 2018 with new deice boots), resealed and re-balanced (128 hours ago Apr2022). Overhaul and reseal done by Intercontinental Jet.
- Electric flaps
- Hydraulic spoilers
- Newly installed dual Garmin GI275 with dual battery backup and dual AHRS (27Mar2023).
- New LED Whelen Orion 600 strobes and nav/position lights (Jul2022).
- New LED Piper taxi lights (Jul2022)
- New Piper Engine Mount (Dec2018)
- Tanis Cylinder heaters
- Dual alternators
- Dual vacuum pumps
- Spoilers (2 spare actuators included)
- Spare/New Garr Kenyon gear selector valve included (cost $5,000).
- Spare cylinder and piston from Central Cylinder (sealed in box).
- Gear actuators, powerpack and selector valve overhauled since 2015.
- Electric Flaps
- Hot plate windshield
- Logs since new and well maintained
- Nose gear repaired 2008 (new engine mount, factory remanufactured engine and new MT prop), 2003 (overhauled engine mount, repaired engine and new prop).
Engines / Mods / Prop
- Continental TSIO 550C upgrade (great condition).
- Oil change = 0 hours since oil/filter change (in annual now).
- Starter and starter adaptor = 66 hours since overhaul (Oct2022).
- Engine driven fuel pump = 100 hours since overhaul (Jul2022).
- Camshaft replaced, Crankshaft inspected, Lifters replaced, new main/rod bearings, etc = 303 hours by Midwest Aircraft Services, Newton, KS (May2021).
- Turbos (left and right) = 337 hours since overhaul by Main Turbo (May2021).
- Cylinders: #1-4 = 1405 hours since new, 303 hours since sent to Central Cylinder in Omaha for new valve assemblies and rings (May2021).
- Cylinder #5 = less than 500 hours since factory new (Jun2020).
- Cylinder #6 = less than 500 hours since factory new (Feb2020).
Interior / Exterior
- 1997 Paint by Oxford (Dupont Imron white 93774, Blue 24160) - 7
- 2016 - Tan leather seats (Apollo - Oatmeal) - 8
- 2016 - Carpet (Needlepoint - Mushroom) - 8
- Mirage style Skytech headliner, side panels, window shades, vents. All in great condition. Very nice upgrade (see pictures)
- Table and cabinets look great.
- FRESH ANNUAL - currently in annual @ Midwest Malibu.
- Pitot/Static/Transponder cert completed in June, due July 2025
- Tony Beauchamp (Midwest Malibu) annuals and maintenance since 2013.
- Will consider trading down or partnership at John C. Tune Airport in Nashville, TN.
This is a great plane.
*All aircraft loans are subject to credit approval. Monthly payments
illustrated above are based on terms available to the highest qualified
candidates, and are subject to additional documentation fees, terms and
conditions. Currency Capital, LLC is an independent finance company and
is not the manufacturer or supplier of any equipment. Currency Capital,
LLC utilizes its broad network of aircraft lenders to offer the most
competitive rates and terms available, for both businesses and consumers.
Commercial Financing may be provided by Currency Capital, LLC and loans
made or arranged pursuant to California Finance Lenders Law license number