We noticed you're using an unsupported browser which may result in limited or no functionality for portions of our website. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the best experience.
The new 2024 SUPER PETREL XP is very different from the original LS version of the aircraft. It is the culmination of two decades from the professional and passionate team at Scoda Aeronautica in Ipeuna Brazil, providing their best engineering and manufacturing expertise to create this extraordinary light sport amphibian aircraft. The new Super Petrel XP is the absolute best in the Light Sport Amphibious Industry. Every piece of this new design has been meticulously engineered, for strength, effectiveness, and performance while the incomparable safety record inherited from its predecessor remains untouched. This new design is available with the Rotax 915iS 141 hp engine. Serial number S0419 is the 15th production XP aircraft and will be available in the Fall of 2024.
Read the latest article by Dan Johnson:
Avionics / Equipment
GARMIN G3X with landing gear alerting system, the Garmin G5 Display are both standard equipment.
The longer hull enhances hydrodynamic efficiency, therefore water takeoff and landings at the new maximum allowable gross weight of 1430 pounds (650 kg) for both water and land is easier than ever. The new full composite tapered set of wings makes the SUPER PETREL XP even more efficient and stable. Additionally, the newly engineered air-foil with carbon fiber strut fairings along with the built-in landing lights, adds elegance to this bi-plane configuration.
State of the art nose and main wheels with larger tires improve the SUPER PETREL XP operational ability on unprepared fields such as grass, soft sand or rocky beaches. The electrically actuated / hydraulic operated landing gear retracting system is designed for ease of operation, low maintenance and simplicity, elimination of cables, arms and pulleys results in a 50% reduction of moving parts. Finally, and most importantly, the new streamlined fuselage with a one-piece canopy provides unparalleled visibility.
Engines / Mods / Prop
ROTAX 915iS 141 HP Fuel Injected Turbo Charged
Interior / Exterior
Completely new design for the Super Petrel XP
Features / Improvements
1. full composite tapered wings with built-in landing / position lights
2. streamlined carbon / aramid composite fuselage
3. one-piece canopy providing unparalleled visibility and comfort for the occupants
4. structural nose area allowing occupants to walk in and out while beaching
5. longer hull enhancing hydrodynamics' efficiency and floatation
6. electrically actuated / hydraulic operated landing gear retracting system
7. state of the art nose and main wheels with larger tires
8. new brake system including park break
9. maximum gross weight of 1430 pounds (650 kg) for both water and land
10. new fuel system with maximum capacity of 30 gallons (113.3 liters) and dual gauge indicator
11. baggage area increased in size to allow for 60% greater volume
12. niches for BOSE headsets storing and volume control on the side arm rest
13. central GARMIN G3X Touch 10.4 inch Screen, including a Garmin G5 top location display. Transponder, VHF, Autopilot, AOA, ADSB In and Out, ELT ACK 406 dual frequency / whip antenna and SIRIUSXM
14. new Garmin Landing Gear Alerting System
15. central console with throttle control and switches
16. four positions for back seats adjustment
17. ballast tank with gauge indicator and electric in / out pump system
18. available with Rotax 912iS (100 hp) / 915iS Turbo (141 hp)
19. cruise speeds in excess of 105 knots, LSA rules limit the redline to 113 knots.
20. max endurance beyond 5:00 hours (no reserve)
*All aircraft loans are subject to credit approval. Monthly payments
illustrated above are based on terms available to the highest qualified
candidates, and are subject to additional documentation fees, terms and
conditions. Currency Capital, LLC is an independent finance company and
is not the manufacturer or supplier of any equipment. Currency Capital,
LLC utilizes its broad network of aircraft lenders to offer the most
competitive rates and terms available, for both businesses and consumers.
Commercial Financing may be provided by Currency Capital, LLC and loans
made or arranged pursuant to California Finance Lenders Law license number